23 December 2011
The Islanders lost a tough game against the New York Rangers last night at Madison Square Garden. PA Parenteau and Matt Moulson scored the Islanders only two goals of the night in the 4-2 lost. Tonight the Islanders will get their chance to move past the loss when they host the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Coliseum.
The Leafs are entering tonightâ€™s game fresh off a 3-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres last night. James Reimer stopped 40 shots in the win. David Steckel, Phil Kessel and Nazem Kadri all scored goals in the Leafs win. Prior to the win, the Leafs were on a three game losing streak.
The leafs enter the holiday matchup against Islanders without the services of Colby Armstrong and Philippe Dupuis, who were both placed on injured reserve this past week. Armstrong is out with a concussion and Dupuis is out with an upper body injury.
No word on who will start in net for the Maple Leafs.
The Islanders will start Evgeni Nabokov tonight. He is 2-8-0 through 10 games and posted a 2.69 goals against average and a .914 save percentage. The Islanders will also feature the same lineup they had during last nightâ€™s game against the Rangers.
Last season the Islanders and Maple Leafs split the season. The Islanders won the first and last game; a 2-1 win on October 18, 2010 and a 4-3 win on March 8, 2011. The Maple Leafs won the two middle games; a 5-3 win on February 8, 2011 and a 2-1 win on February 22,2011.
Tonight will be the first time the Islanders and Maple Leafs will meet this season.
- The Maple Leafs are hoping to turn around their odd record on the day of Friday. (Globe & Mail)
- The Islanders will face their former head coach, Scott Gordon, for the first time since he was dismissed on November 15, 2010. (Newsday)
- Donâ€™t hold you breath for the Winter Classic to come to New York until at least 2014. (Newsday)
- The Leafs may have a little â€śBeiber Fever.â€ť He skated with the team during Thursdayâ€™s morning skate along with a young man who was part of Make-A-Wish Canada. (Globe & Mail)
- If you havenâ€™t read, here is a very lazy, lets poop on the Islanders, piece put together by the Toronto Star. Enjoy. (Toronto Star)
|< Prev||Next >|