06 April 2011
- The Islanders Still trail the Bruins by one, the score now is 3-2.
- The Islanders tied it up early when Michael Grabner scored his 32 goal to bring it evan at one a piece. Rick Dipietro managed to get an assist on the goal. The Bruins would answer with two goals, one by Dennis Siedenberg and the other by Gregory Campbell, to make it 3-1 Bruins. The Islanders managed to score one more goal; Michael Grabner scored his 33 goal and 6th shorthanded goal of the season to make it 3-2.
- Islanders outshot the Bruins 14 to 10 in the second period and are outshooting the Bruins 28 to 25 in the game.
- Rick Dipietro stopped 8 of 10 shots faced, while Thomas stopped 12 of 14 shots.
- Travis Hamonic still leads the Islanders in time on ice with 18:41.
First Period Intermission celebrity gossip Report
-Rick Dipietro and the Islanders are behind 1-0 after one period in Boston.
-Dipietro stopped 14 of 15 shots faced in the period. The Bruins Tim Thomas stopped all 14 shots he face in the first.
-Shawn Thornton scored the only goal of the period with just .9 seconds left in the period. Dipietro could not stretch far enough to stop the shot.
-The Islanders were able to kill of a 5 on 3 oppertunity for the Bruins at the 7:03 mark. John Tavares went to the penalty box for hooking and Trevor Gillies went to the box for roughing.
-Travis Hamonic leads the Islanders with 8:38 time on ice. Zedeno Chara leads the Bruins in time on ice with 8:04.
- Matt Campanale played 4:01 in his NHL debut.
|< Prev||Next >|